Purpose of this Policy
SCL India protects and respects your privacy and processes data as a data controller in accordance with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws. This policy explains how we may process your personal data. Any updates to this policy will appear on the SCL India’s website.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We usually collect personal data because you have provided it to us, for example by entering into an agreement with us, giving us your business card, entering your data on our website, agreeing to receive briefings and other publications from us, or applying for a position with us. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, including publicly available sources.
Personal data that we may collect and process may include:
- Basic information such as your name, your employer and your title or position;
- Contact information such as your e-mail address, postal address and phone number;
- Financial information, such as bank account details;
- Identification and background information provided by you or otherwise collected by us as part of our business acceptance procedures;
- Details of your visits to our offices or of other meetings that we may have with you;
- Data you provide to us for the purposes of attending events or meetings, such as access and dietary requirements;
- Information that you may provide to us for the purpose of a job application;
- Data related to your visit to our website or in relation to materials and communications we send you electronically;
- Any other personal information that you that you may provide to us or we may obtain from a third party source.
How we use your personal data
We will only process your personal data in connection with our ordinary professional activities, including the fulfillment of our legal or regulatory obligations. We will do so on the basis of your consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation or legitimate interest. The purposes for which we may process your personal data include:
- Providing our services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Managing our business development and marketing activities, such as briefings and invitations to our events;
- Handling your job application or otherwise managing our recruitment processes;
- Generating statistics regarding the use of our website or to analyse and improve on our website; and
- Fulfilling our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Security of personal data
SCL India maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against loss, destruction, misuse, damage, alteration or disclosure.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject, you have a number of legal rights under applicable data protection legislation. Please note that certain of these rights may be limited in certain cases, for example to protect legal privilege or to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations. In particular, you are entitled:
- To request details of the personal data concerning you;
- To have your personal information rectified or corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To request the erasure of the personal data that relates to you;
- To withdraw your consent;
- To object to or request restrictions on the processing of your data;
- To have personal data transmitted to another organization in an appropriate format;
- To object to profiling; and
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise these rights, you may, at any time, contact 4P using the contact details below.
Sharing with others
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the above-mentioned purposes. These include:
- Third parties relevant to the legal services we provide, such as counterparties, other counsel, courts, regulatory bodies and government institutions;
- Third parties we engage with in order to comply with legal obligations, such as our professional advisers and auditors; and
- Third parties in connection with the processing of your personal data.
Non-existence of automated decision making
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling. Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person.